Last week, I announced that I started a new gig as a fitness coach. The response to the post has been AHHHMAYYZING! THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL THAT READ, COMMENTED, AND SHARED THE POST! A few days after announcing my gig, I shared my initial results in a before and after photo. The response to that post was even more AHHHMAYYZING than the blog post! I had over 35 people reach out wanting more information on the programs. I'm so grateful for the response! And I'm trying to get information out as fast as possible.
As I try to figure out how to navigate this new gig, I have been feeling a little off balance. I have to say I wasn't expecting the response that I received so I wasn't prepared to handle it. I made the post on Friday and by Saturday afternoon, I was hearing negative thoughts saying
'this is too much'
'girl what have you gotten yourself into?'
'delete that post and just focus on yourself'
But you know I shut her up! I'm 'bout sick of her butt!
But even after I shut her up, I still needed to know how to balance a demanding full-time job, a class that is requiring me to write more papers than ever before, along with a group project(*screams obscenities), two teenagers home from college that I just want to watch episodes of Black~ish, LHHATL and My Name is Earl with, a 6 month old puppy that is currently trying to get in my lap, a new workout and fitness routine, friends and family I want to see, and this new side gig, all while staying hydrated and meditated! Geez, I'm understanding why I'm currently single, God knows I don't have time!
Sidebar: God I'm making time, so send him. And please add 'can help me work this side gig' to my list. I need some help. Thanks. Amen.
After trying a few things that weren't working I turned to my help mates Pinterest and Google and found some ideas to help me keep all of the balls in the air.(hehehe)
Here are the top 5 that I feel will help me....
1. Give myself Grace. Everything may not get done, and it won't all get done perfectly so I have to remind myself to do my best and forgive myself if I don't get it all done.
2. Prioritize using the tree method. Make sure the roots are always taken care of first. For me that is my faith. So I have to remember to meditate and pray daily. If that is the only things that get done, I will feel good knowing my roots won't die. If the rest of the tree is neglected the roots will still be thriving and the rest of the tree will grow back.
3. Ask for help. I'm grateful that I have convinced my kids to join me on this journey. They have been great with helping me to get my business off the ground. I have to remember to delegate tasks to them and trust that they will come through.
4. Be flexible. Even though I spend an hour every Sunday updating my Happy Planner for the week, I have to remember to be flexible and to not stress when I have to cancel or reschedule.
5. Eliminate distractions. This is probably going to be the toughest one for me, because I love to scroll my social media feeds. But I know I have to let that go and be really intentional with my time on social media if I want to get my life back in balance. Still inbox me when folks are arguing though! #dontjudgme LOL
I dedicated the month of June to FOCUS! I'm laser focused on getting my life balanced and doing so without being stressed or anxious. I'm hoping by the time I head to Jamaica in a few weeks, all of the balls will be in the air! :)